You've probably heard of Burnt Cheesecake but have you heard of Matcha Burnt Cheesecake? It’s easy and delicious! 🍰
* 227g cream cheese
* 100g caster sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 large egg yolk
* 1 tbsp matcha
* 4 tsp plain flour
* 2 tsp cornflour
* 220ml cream
* A pinch of salt
* Preheat the oven to 230ºC.
* Line a 15cm round springform cake tin with parchment paper.
* Mix the sugar and the cream cheese together using a hand held mixer.
* Add one egg at a time, mixing in between and combine, making sure there are no lumps.
* Set ~ one cup of the batter aside in a separate bowl.
* Sift the matcha into the cup of batter slowly. If it’s too thick, add more batter. Mix until smooth and then transfer back into the original bowl.
* Blend the 2 batters until completely smooth.
* Sift the flour in and add a pinch of salt and mix again.
* Pour the batter into the prepared tin and place in the hot oven for around 30 minutes or until the top is browning.
* Allow the cake to cool and then store it in the ridge over night.
* Enjoy with a cup of your favourite tea