- China Sheng Yunnan Pu-Erh (Green) Tea Cake (200g)
This Pu-Erh tea is the green counterpart to the black tea cake. This tea comes from the southern part of Yunnan and is pressed into a round, just like the black equivalent.
In China, the green version of Pu-Erh tea is called "Sheng", which means "raw". The impressive shiny silver tips of tea leaves used for this cake are 2-3 years old. The leaves are picked, sundried and compressed, allowing a natural aging process.
This is much milder tasting pu-erh, it is more green in character, colour and flavour.
Tea cake is a wonderful accessory, a collector's piece and, of course, a delicious tea for all Pu-Erh connoisseurs!
100% Organic Sheng Pu-Erh Tea
⚖️ 3 heaped tsp/l
⏳ 3-5 Min
- our tip - cut a small piece (about 1 tbs) of the tea cake and put in a cup or pot. Add boiling water to the tea and steep for 3-5 minutes. Do not remove the tea leaves which should sink gently to the bottom of the cup. These already infused tea leaves can be infused 3-4 times, but increase the steeping time for subsequent infusions. Enjoy the delicious flavour!
Did you know that:
- the producer of this tea is mainland China's first World Fair Trade certified company. Their mission is to assist rural families in rising their standard of living and inspiring future prospects. Their "T project" is currently being developed among 21 villages in southwest Yunnan, the majority of which are of Dai, Lahu and Wa ethnicity.
- every product they help them make brings with it more opportunities for higher education, jobs and increase in the general well-being of the community. At the same time it benefits you, the customer, by presenting a tea of surpassing quality, nutrition and taste.
- in China the local people believe Pu-Erh tea breaks down fat and increases levels of "good" cholesterol in the body.
- to find out more about all tea types, just click here!